Astra SDK user guide tutorial doesn´t work after using astra::initialize();

I wanted to get the tutorial program in the astra SDK user guid running, but as soon as i use the astra::initialize() function i get following error message when compiling:

Der Thread 0xa9c hat mit Code -1073741515 (0xc0000135) geendet.
Der Thread 0xdcc hat mit Code -1073741515 (0xc0000135) geendet.
Der Thread 0x3a50 hat mit Code -1073741515 (0xc0000135) geendet.
Das Programm “[16216] test.exe” wurde mit Code -1073741515 (0xc0000135) ‘Es wurde keine abhängige DLL gefunden’ beendet.

The error translates to: ‘A dependent dll was not found’
Here is the code from the tutorial:

#include <astra/astra.hpp>

#include <cstdio>
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
	astra::initialize();
	astra::terminate();

std::cout << "press enter to close";
	std::cin.get();
    return 0;
}

I also included the correct include directory and the libraries.
Before using the astra::initialize and the astra::terminate function it compiles and i get the “press enter to close” output, but after I use them I get ther error message.

Im guessing you are using Visual Studio and have created a project.
What I did to fix .dll issues i put all .dll’s I found for Astra within the project folder, next to my main.cpp file to make sure it found them without any issues.
Also before coding I recommend using the OpenNI2\Tools\NiViewer.exe to make sure the camera is detected and you are able to view what the camera is viewing.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, I copied all the .dll files and now I don´t get an error, it seems like everything works now.

Hello, now i have the same problem, can you tell me the detail of the dll path?I don’t kown where is project folder.

What I did, is to search for .dll in the SDK folder and copied all .dll files. A lot of them were copied more then once, but I just copied every dll file only once into the project

thanks,I will get a try.
the other thing, do you kown the relaxtionship between astra SDK and openni?

Astra SDK is based on OpenNI. They used OpenNi to create Astra SDK

Maybe you should put all DLL files in the SDK into your project directory