Can't access Femto Mega with Ethernet

I set the ethernet parameters as indicacted in the documentation.
I plug the Femto Mega to the Ethernet (directly).
I am able to ping it with the IP : 192.168.1.167

But when I try to connect the camera to the viewer I get this error :
ERROR [21300] [OBSensorServer::addNetDevice@391] function:ob::Context::createNetDevice
args:address:1, port
message:VendorTCPClient: Connect to server failed! addr=192.168.1.10, port=8090, err=socket is not ready & timeout
type:3

Looks like your code is trying to connect to 192.168.1.10

Just incase you were using the 1.7.4 viewer try 1.7.5 which was just released with fixes for the network connection of the Femto Mega

Hi, I tried with the 1.7.5 also. I get the same error :
2023-10-03 10:44:41.786 ERROR [33068] [OBSensorServer::addNetDevice@391] function:ob::Context::createNetDevice
args:address:1, port
message:VendorTCPClient: Connect to server failed! addr=192.168.1.10, port=8090, err=socket is not ready & timeout
type:3

I simply plugged the camera ethernet to my PC ethernet with the good parameters on the IPV4.

Do I need a Server or a virtual server ?

I have only tested it connected to a router / switch, but it still looks like you are trying to connect over 192.168.1.10 in your error message.

In the Orbbec SDK viewer do you put it the correct ip address at the top?
In the very top menu: “Connect to Network Device”

This is the IP I defined in the ethernet parameters and also the one adviced in the documentation by default for a camera. When I use wireshark and plug the camera this is the IP sending infos. The message in wireshark sais it’s trying to connect to my computer. That’s all I can say.

Ahh okay.

You might need to connect via a router/switch then.

In your first post you said:

I am able to ping it with the IP : 192.168.1.167

So I thought you had set the camera to that IP. :slight_smile:

I had a router using with a 192.168.50.1 format, so used the Viewer to set the IP address to 192.168.50.79 ( via USB cable ), and then when I plugged it into Ethernet I could connect to it via that ip address.

You could try connecting via 192.168.1.167 in the Orbbec Viewer and see if that works?

1 Like

Hello,

I have it working with the 1.7.5 version and a hub pluged on my network. Connected via 192.168.1.10 IP adress. The same I parametered in the ethernet IPV4 parameters.

I also tryed after to delete those IPV4 parameters ans it works also.

It means the camera IP is 192.168.1.10

To me the problem was :
_ I needed 1.7.5 version

I also tryed on the Multi-camera sync hub pro provided by Orbbec but the frame rate is very slow.
Maybe this hub is only a multi frame syncronisation hub… What’s your opinion ?

I will now try to have multiple cameras recognized on the viewer

For the multicam it’s possible to set the IP of each camera in the viewer. So I could make them work both connected on the ethernet router/hub.

Now I’ll take a look at the time synchronization.