Disable Proximity Sensor (Eye Safety)

Hi everyone,
is it possible to disable the proximity sensor anyhow?
I would need it just for an important demo because our customized casing is blocking the sensor.
Can you provide me a workaround please?

Would be very important for me.

Hi Kevin,

Please use the tool in the link below to turn off the proximity sensor.

Distance sensor switch: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d0pvt6gn3q9rfjx/AACPLgCegkHJB3CXw82dstFUa?dl=0

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you, works perfectly for me! :slightly_smiling:

Hi Agnes,

The link is no longer working. Any chance you could update it please with a working link to the utility to disable the proximity sensor.

Many thanks

Hi jimwormold,

Please check the updated link below for the utility to disable the proximity sensor.

Thanks,

Links are down. Is there an official utility program for controlling such features?

Hi james,

Here is the link.

Hi, those links are all gone, is there any other link for this tool ? thanks

Hi AndyYangMao,

Please go to the topic “Universal Download Thread for Astra Series Cameras” for the link of the tool.

Thanks,
Jackson

Please fix your code:

libusb_set.cpp: In member function ‘uint32_t LaserSwitcher::p1(uint32_t)’:
libusb_set.cpp:97:25: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
  v = *(uint32_t*)&buf2[2];
                         ^
libusb_set.cpp: In member function ‘int LaserSwitcher::p2(uint32_t, uint32_t)’:
libusb_set.cpp:108:14: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
  *(uint32_t*)buf1 = a;
              ^
libusb_set.cpp:109:21: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
  *(uint32_t*)&buf1[4] = v;
                     ^
libusb_set.cpp: In member function ‘int LaserSwitcher::EnableLDP(uint8_t)’:
libusb_set.cpp:123:25: error: cast from ‘uint32_t* {aka unsigned int*}’ to ‘uint32_t {aka unsigned int}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
  r = p1((uint32_t)(b + 6));
                         ^
libusb_set.cpp:125:21: error: cast from ‘uint32_t* {aka unsigned int*}’ to ‘uint32_t {aka unsigned int}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
  p2((uint32_t)(b + 6), r);
                     ^
libusb_set.cpp:126:21: error: cast from ‘uint32_t* {aka unsigned int*}’ to ‘uint32_t {aka unsigned int}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
  p2((uint32_t)(b + 7), ~r);

And to have to get the ThirdParty libraries from some other place is also really clunky.