Error packaging OpenNI on orbbec-dev branch

Hi,

I’m working on testing the Astra on an arm64 platform and consequently need to compile from source. Trying that out I’ve been having trouble getting it to work so I switched back to my x86 laptop where I’ve used the SDK successfully.

However I cannot reproduce the SDK locally. The packaging step errors

Here’s the full console output from trying to build and package inside a docker container:

I’d file a ticket but they are turned off on the repo.
I’m using orbbec-dev: GitHub - orbbec/OpenNI2 at orbbec-dev the last commit is c9286a1

Not sure why the issues were off on that repo but I enabled them.

The build is failing on the call to javadoc. In my experience the OpenNI build system is rather finicky, especially around java and javadoc. You have two options:

1. Manually run the command shown in the error with all the parameters (you’ll need to edit it into one command without the log stuff, and also figure out the working directory to run it in), and see what javadoc is complaining about.
  2. Disable javadoc building and move on.

If you want to go with #2, take a look at this commit for hints. I had to do this at one point to help with building for Android: Disable building docs on Android. Fix output file copying for unsigne… · orbbec/OpenNI2@6786455 · GitHub

IIRC later I may have fixed what javadoc was complaining about, so I didn’t merge the commit.

I am trying to build OpenNI for Arm on Persee.
I refer to the build steps from readme of OpenNI2-master from GitHub
First, I am not trying to set the path for ARM_STAGING. I have no idea what/where is the staging directory.
So, when I run $PLATFORM=Arm make, it throws the following error:

make -C ThirdParty/PSCommon/XnLib/Source
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/ubuntu/OpenNI2/ThirdParty/PSCommon/XnLib/Source’
g++ -MD -MP -MT “./…/Bin/Intermediate/Arm-Release/libXnLib.a/XnErrorLogger.d …/Bin/Intermediate/Arm-Release/libXnLib.a/XnErrorLogger.o” -c -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -O3 -fno-tree-pre -fno-strict-aliasing -ftree-vectorize -ffast-math -funsafe-math-optimizations -flax-vector-conversions -Wall -O2 -DNDEBUG -I…/Include -I…/ThirdParty/LibJPEG -DXN_NEON -fPIC -fvisibility=hidden -Werror -o …/Bin/Intermediate/Arm-Release/libXnLib.a/XnErrorLogger.o XnErrorLogger.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/unistd.h:25:0,
from …/Include/Linux-Arm/…/Linux-x86/XnPlatformLinux-x86.h:31,
from …/Include/Linux-Arm/XnPlatformLinux-Arm.h:25,
from …/Include/XnPlatform.h:55,
from …/Include/XnLib.h:24,
from …/Include/XnErrorLogger.h:24,
from XnErrorLogger.cpp:21:
/usr/include/features.h:367:25: fatal error: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
…/…/BuildSystem/CommonCppMakefile:133: recipe for target ‘…/Bin/Intermediate/Arm-Release/libXnLib.a/XnErrorLogger.o’ failed
make[1]: *** […/Bin/Intermediate/Arm-Release/libXnLib.a/XnErrorLogger.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/OpenNI2/ThirdParty/PSCommon/XnLib/Source’
Makefile:127: recipe for target ‘ThirdParty/PSCommon/XnLib/Source’ failed
make: *** [ThirdParty/PSCommon/XnLib/Source] Error 2

Is all this because of staging directory or is there anything else wrong?

Error is same even when I provide the staging directories. I guess there is somthing else wrong.