Femto Mega / Bolt - C# Wrapper

Hello,
is it available a c# wrapper to run Femto Mega or Bolt?
If not, does anybody know when could be available?

Thanks,
Rudi

I have previously had success with extracting the C# wrapper from the Unity package. Here are some simplified steps:

1. Download and install the Unity editor Start Your Creative Projects and Download the Unity Hub | Unity (likely via Unity Hub)
  2. Go to Orbbec SDK - ORBBEC - 3D Vision for a 3D World and download the Orbbec SDK for Unity
  3. In the Unity editor (create a new empty project), import the Orbbec SDK package from Assets → Import package
  4. In the imported package, go to Orbbec/Plugins and copy out the dlls.
  5. Import these dlls in your C# project (add them to the root) and add them as reference to your project.

You should now be ready to use the C# wrapper for Femto Mega (at least it says so on the Download page). You can check the scripts in Orbbec/Scripts for examples of how to use the cameras.

I have also had luck with downloading the newest Windows SDK and replacing the dlls from that in my C# project. This allows newer cameras to work with the C# wrapper, but you will not gain access to any new apis that have been introduced in the meantime.

Hope this helps!

Hi @d_j,
thanks for your reply!

I have also had luck with downloading the newest Windows SDK and replacing the dlls from that in my C# project. This allows newer cameras to work with the C# wrapper, but you will not gain access to any new apis that have been introduced in the meantime.

So if I have understood well, I can simply replace k4a.dll by Microsoft with k4a.dll by Orbbec, add OrbbecSDK.dll and my application works fine without adjusting the code, right?

Because I have tried this and I can open the connection and start the Femto Mega camera, but it stuck at GetCapture.
But I think that the problem is that even the examples provided by Orbbec don’t work with this camera.
So first of all I have to make working Orbbec’s examples.

Hi @Rudi ,

Sorry, I haven’t tried the Femto Mega yet. My comment was based on my experience with the other new Orbbec cameras, such as Femto, Femto Wide, Astra+, Gemini. I am going to experiment with the Femto Mega soon, so if you do find anything useful, please share it with me :slight_smile: