Femto Mega: Cannot connect with Ethernet

Greeting, I am trying to use a Femto Mega plugged using the Ethernet cable into my PC, but I can’t connect to it. I verified it’s IP address (192.168.1.10), and I can ping it in Terminal, but I can’t connect using Orbbec Viewer 1.10.12. I modified the config to EnumerateNetDevices to true, still nothing. When I press connect to a network device and enter the ip, it just gives me an error in the console " [ERROR] function:ob::Context::createNetDevice".

I tried setting a different IP to the camera, but it did not change the outcome. I also tried setting DHCP, but this failed with 2 errors: “#73 [ERROR] write property failed: 1041@IP Address config, ob::Device::setStructuredData, , exceptionType: 6, message: Request failed, statusCode: 2, msg: receive control transfer failed!:” and “#74 [ERROR] write property failed: 1041@IP Address config, ob::Device::getStructuredData, exceptionType: 6, message: Request failed, statusCode: 2, msg: send control transfer failed!”. And now, I don’t know the gateway to set back since I didn’t write down the old gateway before turning on DHCP.

Could anyone help getting this to work?
Thank you!

Basic Information:
Company/Organization: Atracktiv

Camera Information:

• Camera Model: Femto Mega
  • Serial Number: CL2A141006T
  • Purchase Date: 5th of February 2024

Issue Description:

• Time of the Incident: 10:00 AM, 2024-09-25
  • Error Codes (Highly Preferred): None provided by the app.
  • Error Log (Highly Preferred): [ERROR] function:ob::Context::createNetDevice
  • Screen Shots: (Highly Preferred): Imgur: The magic of the Internet
  • Detailed Description of the Issue (Highly Preferred): Impossible to make the Femto Mega work over Ethernet, as it simply refuses to connect. Also lost the default gateway after failure to set the Femto Mega to DHCP mode. See above for a more detailed description.

Operating Environment:

• Operating System and Version: Windows 11 22h2 22621.2428 , 64 bit
  • Software Used with Camera and Version: Orbbec Viewer v1.10.12, Femto Mega Bolt Firmware 1.2.9, Orbbec SDK v 1.10.12
  • Lighting Conditions of the Environment: Well lit room, no mirrors, 1 window with opaque curtains down.
  • Operating Temperature Range: Femto Mega between ~25 to 30 celsius.
  • Exposure to Impact or Drop: no
  • Usage in Humid or Extreme Temperature Conditions: no

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

• Exact Steps Taken When Using the Camera: I connected the power to the camera (from the wall). Then connected an ethernet cable from the camera to the PC. Then Opened Orbbec viewer. Then clicked the drop down, and clicked Connect Network Device. Then typed 192.168.1.10, then clicked connect.

For the DHCP problem, I connected the camera using a USB C cable. Then, in Orbbec viewer, I clicked IPConfig. Then I toggled DHCP. Then click Set. Error.

• Is the Issue Reproducible: Yes.

Troubleshooting Steps Attempted: I tried changing the default IP to be 192.168.1.15. No dice. I tried enabling DHCP, but that failed. I tried using a library that uses the camera instead of Orbbec Viewer, but that failed.

• Restarting the Camera/Computer: Yes. I restarted both devices.
  • Checking and Reconnecting All Cables: Done. No change.
  • Trying the Camera on a Different Computer: I have no other computer to test the Ethernet Connection. However, the camera with USB C works on 2 different PCs.
  • Updating or Reinstalling Drivers/Software: All software is up to date from what I know. Have not tried reinstalling drivers.

The Femto mega camera, PoE switch, and router should be under the same gateway.

I’m trying to figure out the exact same problem. Much like VoltDriver is doing, I’m connecting my ethernet cable directly from the Femto Mega to my computer, so there’s no PoE switch or router involved. The gateway is set to 0.0.0.0. (If it’s not supposed to be 0.0.0.0, how do I find out what it should be?) I get the same errors as VoltDriver when trying to set DHCP and when trying to connect a network device in Orbbec Viewer.

There’s a solid white light on the Femto Mega while plugged in via Ethernet, which leads me to believe that there’s not an issue with the connection. Everything works fine if I have it connected via USB-C.

You have to have PoE switch, or router involved to use the Femto Mega as network device.

In this case would a Smart Switch work in place of a router? Is it because there’s nothing assigning IP addresses?

It’s my understanding that you still need all devices to be connected to a router, and that the Femto Mega cannot be plugged in directly into your target computer with an Ethernet cable. The Ethernet function is only there if you want to plug the Femto Mega onto the network, then a another computer onto the network (not connected directly in any way to the Femto Mega), then access the Femto Mega from that computer.

That’s what I understand now anyways. Is it correct?