Femto Mega Developer Mode Causes Failure

Using the prebuild OrbbecViewer executable, I turned on the Developer Mode option on the Femto Mega. The device rebooted itself, but once it tried to reconnect, Windows informed that “USB device not recognized: the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.” In the Device Manager, it is displayed as “Unknown USB Device (Configuration Descriptor Request Failed)”.

I’ve tried various solutions to the issue, but none of worked. Restarted the computer, turned off fast-loading of USB devices, used different USB ports, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver.
Since the device can’t be recognized, I can’t use the Viewer to disable the Developer Mode. At this point, the device is now as useful a brick.

Is there any known solution for resolving this issue?

Model: F20364-552
Software Used: OrbbecViewer.exe v1.9.4

When you turn on Developer Mode, the device can’t be connected to via USB (as you found). You could try connecting via the network, or you could re-flash the device’s firmware (requires Linux).

Tried network. The viewer sees it, but won’t connect to it.
Now trying Linux through VirtualBox, but so far the Linux viewer isn’t working for me.

Used a boot version of Linux and was able to flash the latest firmware and now I have my camera again. Never touching Developer Mode option again.

Great that you got it working again. It’s definitely worth heeding the warnings in the UI re Developer Mode!