Getting the color example working on a SANBOT

I am trying to have the openni android example (colorforopenni2) to work on my SANBOT. I currently have the app running in debug. However, I am getting a black screen with only the textview showing. The debug log for the app in android studio gives:
02/04 14:27:12: Launching ‘app’ on Benign 0.1.118.
$ adb shell am start -n “com.orbbec.obColor2.debug/com.orbbec.obColor2.MainActivity” -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -D
Connecting to com.orbbec.obColor2.debug
Now Launching Native Debug Session
$ adb shell cat /data/local/tmp/lldb-server | run-as com.orbbec.obColor2.debug sh -c ‘cat > /data/data/com.orbbec.obColor2.debug/lldb/bin/lldb-server && chmod 700 /data/data/com.orbbec.obColor2.debug/lldb/bin/lldb-server’
$ adb shell cat /data/local/tmp/start_lldb_server.sh | run-as com.orbbec.obColor2.debug sh -c ‘cat > /data/data/com.orbbec.obColor2.debug/lldb/bin/start_lldb_server.sh && chmod 700 /data/data/com.orbbec.obColor2.debug/lldb/bin/start_lldb_server.sh’
Starting LLDB server: /data/data/com.orbbec.obColor2.debug/lldb/bin/start_lldb_server.sh /data/data/com.orbbec.obColor2.debug/lldb unix-abstract /com.orbbec.obColor2.debug-0 platform-1580790452569.sock “lldb process:gdb-remote packets”
Debugger attached to process 19899

Debug for app-java is:
Connected to the target VM, address: ‘localhost:8602’, transport: ‘socket’

The only changes I have made is to the gradle which allowed the app to build. Does anyone have any tips on what could be going on/any tips on solving this.