How to get calibration/registration matrix Depth->Color?

According to Camera Calibration and 3D Reconstruction — OpenCV 2.4.13.7 documentation
we need some information from the camera to reconstruct 3D successfully. Say, focal lengths and principal point, as well as rotation-translation matrix.

Is it possible to get it from Astra Embedded S through Astra SDK? How is that?

Thanks!

Hi, yvoronov,

You could get the calibration parameters using “Extended API” in OpenNI SDK,
Hope it help.

Wan

Wan,

It’s a great idea. However, how can I get openni::Device object from Astra SDK objects? Is there any “conversion” from Astra stream set or Astra reader to openni Device or openni VideoStream?

Thanks,
Yury

Hi, yvoronov,

You could download the “OpenNI SDK” from the Orbbec website.

Wan

Wan,

Let me rephrase my question. Say, I have a program using Astra SDK as well as OpenNI SDK. And I initialize camera as follows:

astra::initialize();
astra::StreamSet streamSet1("device/sensor0");
astra::StreamSet streamSet2("device/sensor1");
astra::StreamReader reader1 = streamSet1.create_reader();
astra::StreamReader reader2 = streamSet2.create_reader();

However, in order to get OpenNI OBCameraParams, I need to have an openni::Device instance. How can I get such an instance in my code from astra::StreamSet instance or astra::StreamReader instance? What API call should I use?

Thanks,
Yury

Yvoronov,

There is an instance - ”DeviceController" in the latest Astra SDK 2.0.19 version could meet your requirements.
The download link attached below:

Hope it help.

Wan

Wow, thanks!

BTW, I found get_ir_exposure_value() and set_ir_exposure_value() methods there. However, there are no get_color_exposure_value() and set_color_exposure_value()methods - how about them? Is there any chance to have them soon?

Yury

How can the various modes of imaging and the analysis/post processing to the image be used to accomplish object classification and sorting:
am having issues with object classification and sorting . any answer to the above question, thanks

Yvoronov,

Embedded S is UVC camera that need using 3rd party library to develop, such as Open CV.
Please try that to acquire color exposure value.

Wan