Information about real world coordinates and angles

I’m able to read depth data from each pixel of a frame. However, I’d like to know if it’s possible to get information about the angles of each pixel of a frame (i.e. angles from an IR beam measured in relation to the central pixel or another reference). I would need that to map each depth returned into a real world coordinate for that pixel, so if there’s a function that already does that, it would be even better.

If your goal is to convert data from the depth image into world-space coordinates to build a point cloud/mesh, you can do that in one of two ways: either using the PointStream, where incoming data is already mapped to world space, or using the coordinate mapper. The PointStream approach is pretty simple and my preffered method. You can see an example that demonstrates both at the link below. It uses the PointStream to get mapped data, but also uses the coordinate mapper to convert the mouse to world space in order to find the closest mesh point under the mouse.

If you’re trying to do somthing else with the scattered light pattern, well, I can’t help you there :slight_smile:

Thank you. I saw that example previously. My problem now is to successfully compile codes using Astra SDK on Ubuntu 16.04.