Install Ubuntu on Persee Plus

Hi, I am seeking install Ubuntu on Persee Plus(White), Here comes some issue.

1. the PinHole on device is not seen(solved, thank you damianjakubiuk)
    –the reset button, Jack hold is inside Audio

2. Device Not connected issue
    this could because not right firmware,
    a. What DriverAssitant shold I install? Since old and new persee plus, has difference chip
    b. Which image version of Persee-Ubuntu? Currently available it is 16, is this one works for new Persee Plus?

thank you very much for helping

Hi, reset button is hidden at the end of jack (audio) hole. You need to use something like toothpick to reach it out

1 Like

thanks, that is helpful. I found the jack hole finally.

Here comes another question-What fireware/Driverassitant should I install ?

After Click the pin hole and connect to Windows PC, “Android Tool” previosely (Black Persee) will successfully found the connected device. But it not works here for this version(White Persee Plus).
I am wondering the following issue.

1. What DriverAssitant shold I install? Since old and new persee plus, has difference chip
  2. Which image version of Persee-Ubuntu? Currently available it is 16, is this one works for new Persee Plus?

thank you very much for helping

I’m currently with the same problems as you. I just bought persee+ and can’t find nothing how to start :frowning:

What I know at this moment is that how to install android or ubuntu on persee+ with dedicated software. Unfortunetly it not detecting my device but maybe it will help you:

2. Preparation for System Installation

2.1 Installation Guide for Android/Ubuntu System
Configuration Requirements for Computers

a. Windows operating system
b. Turning off antivirus software may be required
c. High-speed USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 interface
d. USB Burn Tool installed

2.2 Installation Procedures

a. Open the software “USB Burn Tool V2.2.x”
b. Long press the update button (inside the 3.5mm headphone jack)
c. While holding the button, use USB cable to connect the camera to the computer
d. USB Burning Tool successfully connected to camera
e. Import System Image(x.img)
f. Click the start button to start the update process
g. Complete system installation, click the stop button then close the software
h. Ubuntu 18.04 Login Information
The default username of the system is ‘orbbec’, default password: ‘orbbec’

3. System Download
Android:

Ubuntu:

If you will make steps forwards with It please share your solutions maybe it will help me also

1 Like

Hi! The steps you described are correct but you also have to be careful to respect the following points:

1. Do not supply the Persee+ during the flash operation, for the whole time keep the power supply unattached.
  2. Connect the USB to your PC, then press the reset button and keep it pressed when you connect the type-C to the Persee+ until the USB Burn Tool detects the device.

It is very wierd that Orbbec did not provide more detailed instructions concerning this operation, we spent a day to discovery it by ourselves.

The Ubuntu version that you linked should be the latest one.

1 Like

thank , that works in the end. It is so great. Thanks for the efforts