Orbbec Astra Pro RGB-D Viewer - Open Source

Hello, Orbbec friends!

I apologize for not releasing the code earlier. Some of our customers reported that they have difficulty accessing the RGB stream of our Astra Pro cameras.

Now I am sharing the code that enables you access RGB-D via OpenNI below. Hopefully it will help in your future work.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sjd55ic4s9i97fm/AAAbiCl6v-yAIbnQJAYH50Ksa?dl=0

Note:
OpenNI 2 - based;
Works on Astra/Astra Pro series
Default resolution: VGA

Enjoy!

Hi David,

Sorry for my question, but i have to extract the ObViewer folder only inside the AstraSDK folder or i have to write over the files in the bin folder and its sub folders?

Thanks,
Cornelius

Is there any body out there?

ObViewer is written based on OpenNI simple viewer. It’s a independent program from our Astra SDK. You can extract to any folder you prefer :slightly_smiling:

Is this script Windows only? It doesn’t seem to compile on OSX. Here’s the error I get:

c++     Viewer.cpp   -o Viewer
In file included from Viewer.cpp:26:
./Viewer.h:24:10: fatal error: 'OpenNI.h' file not found
#include <OpenNI.h>

@tsugua You may need to install Openni SDK to use it …

@David I guess he might need to compile it on his own as there is no .exe. This means to set all paths/files in his linker inputs and compiler options…

I tried to compile it without any chance as the device could not be open properly. Indeed, it goes into this loop at all time :

rc = device.open(deviceURI);
if (rc != openni::STATUS_OK)
{
printf(“SimpleViewer: Device open failed:\n%s\n”, openni::OpenNI::getExtendedError());
openni::OpenNI::shutdown();
return 1;
}

any idea ?

The error you post seems to be a failure when opening the device. I am not sure if all the compiling configuration is correct. The purpose of the sample code is to help developers develop their own viewer. I will post a compiled version shortly.

1 Like

It has been sorted out in this Topic : Compatibility Astra Pro and OpenNI2: