Orbbec Body Tracking Trial Expired Error (July 2018)

I recently tried to use my Orbbec Astra camera, with the simple body stream demo on the Astra SDK bin examples and I got the following error:

I tried different cameras and computers and I still get the same error. I am able to use the camera as I can pull up the depth and color examples but when it comes to using the Orbbec Body Tracking, I am unable to do so. Keep in mind that I have been using this camera for over 4 months so I have the appropriate drivers and the environment set up for it to work. The body tracking was working last week just fine, on June 25 - June 28. I tested the application with different computers and different Orbbec Astra cameras.

I would like to know if this is a known issue and if there are any upcoming fixes as I have an app that currently uses this body tracking.

1 Like

I had the same problem and this is the response that I got from Orbbec:

"Thank you for reaching out to us.

The body tracking feature for beta test was free to test earlier up to June 30, 2018. However now it has extended till sept 30, 2018.

Thus, to continue working with the body tracking feature you have to update the license by downloading the Astra SDK again.

Please feel free to download the Astra SDK from here - Develop – Orbbec

Please let me know if you have any further questions."

I have a Persee and by changing the date of the device it worked once again without updating the SDK. I believe it should work again for you if you change your computer’s date to one previous to July 1st 2018. Although updating the SDK would be favorable

1 Like

Thanks,
I just got a response from Orbbec saying they updated the SDK so I will have to download it.

1 Like