Persee Ubuntu - Missing Mali user-space OpenGL / OpenCL libraries

I’ve attempted using the Persee Ubuntu 16.04 image on the Persee. The device seems to use Rockchip RK3288 with ARM Mali-T760 MP4 GPU. The libraries for OpenCL and OpenGL development are missing for the binary Mali GPU driver. Only the mesa versions are available, and this is what the mesa demos use.

I’ve tried looking for the drivers online on the ARM / Mali websites, but they seemingly don’t list them. The closest one I found was Firefly RK3288 driver at Mali Drivers | Mali GPU User-Space Binary Drivers – Arm Developer but it was for the soft-float version and did not work with the Mali OpenCL samples / mesa OpenGL demos when linked against the Mali libs.

Trying to link / use the soft-float libs produces:

ERROR: The DDK is not compatible with any of the Mali GPUs on the system.
The DDK was built for 0x750 r0p0 status range [1..1], but none of the GPUs matched:

Where are these libs (libEGL, libGLESv2, libOpenCL etc) located?

1 Like

For future reference, the Ubuntu 14 image contains all these libraries at /usr/lib. They are simply missing from the Ubuntu 16 image.

did you got it working ? i want to utilize power of Gpu in java + OpenCV, can you please give me some information about it ?
i dnt even know if mali drivers are installed or not

Use the Ubuntu 14 image and look into the examples under /home/ubuntu.

It doesn’t work on Ubuntu14 as well anymore. Anyone got this working?