Unable to run or build samples from Astra SDK 2.0.8 Beta2 on Persee

I am not able to run samples from the Astra SDK v2.0.8 Beta2 (picked up from the website) on Persee running Ubuntu 14.04.5. The error:
Cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

I tried compiling the samples using cmake and it complains while linking the libraries:
...libastra_core.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized

I presume the libraries precompiled that are part of the SDK say they are for 64 bit, while the Persee platform is 32 bit. My goal is to try the BodyTracking sample from the SDK. I intend to run it directly on Persee instead on an external host. I could not find any resource to get started with Persee in this regard. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi vishwanathkr,

Thanks for asking. Persee has an ARM based processor, which is not supported by the Linux release (x86-64) of Astra SDK 2.0.8 Beta2 yet. For using Persee with Astra SDK 2.0.8 Beta2, we suggest to try the Android version, or OpenNI SDK if Linux is required.

@Jackson Thanks, that makes sense.

For using Persee with Astra SDK 2.0.8 Beta2, we suggest to try the Android version, or OpenNI SDK if Linux is required.

Since my objective was to get the body tracking sample work with Persee camera, I can try it on Android. I won’t be able to do that using OpenNI SDK assuming that OpenNI doesn’t expose any body tracking API that would work with the Persee. This however leads to a few questions:

1. When do you plan to support the Astra SDK on the Persee directly?
  2. Is it possible to use the Persee camera through an external host? Could you point me to some resource for getting started in this regard?

Hi vishwanathkr,

The support of Astra SDK for ARM Linux is under active development. We do not have an exact release date for it yet.
Secure shell protocol could be an option to connect Persee to an external host.