Astra SDK with Unity Dll Errors

Hi,

My Astra Pro just came in and I downloaded the SDK for both OSX (0.5.0) and Unity (2.0.7 beta), but I’m have some trouble with them.

On Unity OSX:
Every time I try to start it, I get the following error

DllNotFoundException: astra_core
Astra.Core.Native.Initialize ()
Astra.Context.Initialize ()
AstraUnityContext.Initialize () (at Assets/Scripts/AstraUnityContext.cs:75)
AstraController.Awake () (at Assets/Scripts/AstraController.cs:87)

Now I also tried this on Parallels Windows 10 and got another error

AstraException: astra_imagestream_request_modes: Invalid Operation
Astra.ApiStatus.ThrowIfError (System.String functionName)
Astra.Core.Native+ImageStream.RequestModes (IntPtr streamHandle, System.Int32& count)
Astra.Core.Native+ImageStream.GetAvailableModes (IntPtr streamHandle)
Astra.ImageStream.get_AvailableModes ()
AstraController.OnAstraInitializing (System.Object sender, .AstraInitializingEventArgs e) (at Assets/Scripts/AstraController.cs:108)
AstraUnityContext.RaiseInitializing () (at Assets/Scripts/AstraUnityContext.cs:157)
AstraUnityContext.Initialize () (at Assets/Scripts/AstraUnityContext.cs:76)
AstraController.Awake () (at Assets/Scripts/AstraController.cs:87)

Next I tried the Unity Samples from the download page, but those crash on startup (Application not responding)

After this I tried the OSX SDK, following the instructions and I got the SimpleDepthViewer-SFML and DebugHandViewer working, but none of the other samples seem to be working.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Best regards,
Thomas

Same here… will try it on a windows machine now.

I’ve sent a mail to Orbbec about this and got the reply that the Mac version 0.5.0 is not compatible with the Unity wrapper 2.0.7. They also let me know that virtual machines should not be used as this can give issues wirth driver support.
They’ve said that Windows is their primary platform to test the new SDK’s and Unity plugins.

I’ve since got this working great on a windows pc quite easily.

That is what i saw, too. Seems as if the support is the same as kinect was :wink:

1 Like

After this I tried the OSX SDK, following the instructions and I got the SimpleDepthViewer-SFML and DebugHandViewer working, but none of the other samples seem to be working

I solved that problem with this sentence:
sudo apt-get install libsfml-dev

any error for not being able to run the samples is due to the lack of a library.
Read this post: https://3dclub.orbbec3d.com/t/how-to-run-sdk-on-ubuntu/1704/2?u=fmesteban

Good luck! :wink:

Hi, I tried to go to the link you listed, but it is saying that it is either private or doesn’t exist. Is there another link you could include, please? Thanks!

I also couldn’t open the link, but i remember that it was possible at some point to open it.
Maybe this link is working for you:
https://astra-wiki.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html#linux