Femto Bolt on Raspberry Pi4 ubuntu 20.02 Depth Engine Create and initialize failed, retCode:206

Hi! I am using Femto Bolt on Ubuntu 20.02 on a Raspberry Pi 4.

I was able to compile everything and get the color viewer working. However, when I tried to run the Depth Viewer(cpp), the following error message shows:

[MSDEConverterDevice.cpp:67] Depth engine got nvram data size:492088

[MSDEConverterDevice.cpp:94] Depth engine create and initialize failed, retCode:204.

Can anyone help me solve this issue?

Thanks

Femto Bolt doesn’t support RPI4, it only supports Nvidia series arm board, like Jetson Nano.

Does that mean that it will not work under Ubuntu 22.04 running on a Intel I9 based machine?

When I say only Nvidia series, it only targeted ARM arch. Femto Bolt supports both Win and Linux on x64 platform.

Good,

I am having problems using Femto Bolt on my Ubuntu machine. I have installed the pyorbbecsdk according to the guidelines, but I receive the error message shown below when running the …/examples/depth_viewer.py example. What can be the reason?

[info][3906068][MSDEConverterDevice.cpp:94] use dynlib load depthengine lib…
[error][3906068][MSDEConverterDevice.cpp:101] Depth engine create and initialize failed,retCode:204

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your response. Do you know if Orbbec has tested Femto Bolt on the NVIDIA® Jetson Orin™ Nano Developer Kit? Is there anything else( configurations etc…) that i need to pay attention to when using the Nano board to develop.

Thanks,
Richard

what is your Ubuntu machine?

You can follow the instructions to test SDK on Linux arm: OrbbecSDK/doc/tutorial/English/Environment_Configuration.md at main · orbbec/OrbbecSDK · GitHub

It is Ubuntu 22.04 and the hardware spec is:

Architecture: x86_64
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Address sizes: 39 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 16
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-15
Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
Model name: Intel(R) Core™ i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz

You can test Linux SDK on your machines with Femto Bolt first to see if any errors. Release Release v1.10.12 · orbbec/OrbbecSDK · GitHub

Same issue with Debian on Raspberry Pi 5

The color viewer is working
[MSDEConverterDevice.cpp:94] Depth engine create and initialize failed, retCode:204.