Persee Ubuntu 14 Cannot get RGB image

Hello

I have successfully installed Ubuntu 14 img on the Persee.

I have tried to play these two programs:
./OpenNI-Linux-Arm-2.2/OpenNI-Linux-Arm-2.2/Samples/Bin/org.openni.Samples.SimpleViewer
./OpenNI-Linux-Arm-2.3/OpenNI-Linux-Arm-2.3/Samples/Bin/org.openni.Samples.SimpleViewer

In both cases; I can play the depth image, but when I want to play the color image, I only have a white window. The RGB and IR do not play.

I wrote a small program to stream depth and color image with openCV. I can stream the depth, but my program crashes when I want to play the RGB image.

It seems to me that there is a problem with OpenNI to read RGB and IR image.
Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards

Hello

It seems to me that the Persee uses a Astra Pro sensor. On the Astra Pro sensor, an old thread explains that the sensor UVC has to be used as a webcam to get the RGB color instead of using OpenNi directly.

On this thread, there is some code which works on Persee Ubuntu 14 showing how to access RGB color

I have a very bad synchronisation between depth and color but at least I can stream color image.
There is like a yellow filter on the color image.

Do you have a solution to access RGB image using OpenNi with Persee? or Is OpenCV the only way to access color image?
Thank you

Hi sarah,

Currently, I am at the same point. Using OpenNi I can get the depth values but could not get the RGB. I am also not familiar with openCV. Do you have a solution about RGB problem?

Also can you share with me the your program which you wrote with OpenCV, because from the sample code, I get the depth value of the just specific pixel. So I want to see all pixels if you can share.

Best regards,
Engin

Hi Engin

I have downloaded the code from this dropbox:
Dropbox - How to access UVC in OpenNI - Simplify your life.

But you can find my code on this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2p0teiqab131ci9/cxReadUVCImage.7z?dl=0

Basically,
You need to use openNi to get the depth image
And then you use openCV to get the RGB image.

I hope it will work for you. Don’t hesitate if you have more questions.
Best regards
Sarah

cxReadUVCImage.txt (2.1 KB)

Thank you so much sarah, I will try it as soon as possible.