Running AstraSDK Examples - Ubuntu Linux 17.04

Dear all,

recently I have switched from Windows to Linux to develop for the Orbbec Astra. I was able to compile the SDK, even though during the cmake command I got a warning for the openni_sensor target:

WARNING: Target "openni_sensor" requests linking to directory "/opt/OpenNI2". Targets may link only to libraries. CMake is dropping the item.

I am able to compile the examples and even my code, but when it comes to executing it I experience the same issue described in the post Cant Run Sample of Astra in Ubuntu 14.04. This is a log of a simple execution, the issue manifest itself when I am trying to execute the DepthReaderEventCPP example:

WARN [context] Hold on to yer butts INFO [context] configuration path: /opt/astra/sdk/bin/../lib/astra.toml INFO [context] log file path: astra.log INFO [context] plugin path: /opt/astra/sdk/bin/../lib/Plugins/ TRACE [plugin_manager] [void astra::plugin_manager::load_plugins(std::__cxx11::string)] [/opt/astra/src/astra_core/astra_plugin_manager.cpp:35] load plugins TRACE [plugin_manager] [void astra::plugin_manager::try_load_plugin(const string&)] [/opt/astra/src/astra_core/astra_plugin_manager.cpp:96] try_load_plugin /opt/astra/sdk/bin/../lib/Plugins/liborbbec_xs.so TRACE [plugin_manager] [void astra::plugin_manager::try_load_plugin(const string&)] [/opt/astra/src/astra_core/astra_plugin_manager.cpp:111] try_load_plugin valid plugin INFO [astra.xs.plugin] Initializing xs plugin TRACE [plugin_manager] [void astra::plugin_manager::try_load_plugin(const string&)] [/opt/astra/src/astra_core/astra_plugin_manager.cpp:113] try_load_plugin initialized plugin TRACE [plugin_manager] [void astra::plugin_manager::try_load_plugin(const string&)] [/opt/astra/src/astra_core/astra_plugin_manager.cpp:96] try_load_plugin /opt/astra/sdk/bin/../lib/Plugins/liborbbec_hand.so TRACE [plugin_manager] [void astra::plugin_manager::try_load_plugin(const string&)] [/opt/astra/src/astra_core/astra_plugin_manager.cpp:111] try_load_plugin valid plugin TRACE [plugin_manager] [void astra::plugin_manager::try_load_plugin(const string&)] [/opt/astra/src/astra_core/astra_plugin_manager.cpp:113] try_load_plugin initialized plugin TRACE [plugin_manager] [void astra::plugin_manager::try_load_plugin(const string&)] [/opt/astra/src/astra_core/astra_plugin_manager.cpp:96] try_load_plugin /opt/astra/sdk/bin/../lib/Plugins/libopenni_sensor.so TRACE [shared_library_unix] [void astra::process::load_library(const char*, void*&)] [/opt/astra/src/astra_core/unix/astra_shared_library_unix.cpp:35] load_library failed: /opt/astra/sdk/bin/../lib/Plugins/libopenni_sensor.so: undefined symbol: oniStreamGetSensorInfo INFO [context] client opening streamset: device/default INFO [streamset_catalog] default uri provided. TRACE [astra.streamset] [astra::streamset_connection* astra::streamset::add_new_connection()] [/opt/astra/src/astra_core/astra_streamset.cpp:118] new connection to device/sensor0 INFO [astra.streamset] connecting to (1,0) on device/sensor0 TRACE [astra.streamset] [astra::stream_connection* astra::streamset::create_stream_connection(const astra_stream_desc_t&)] [/opt/astra/src/astra_core/astra_streamset.cpp:40] registering orphan stream of type (1,0) on device/sensor0 DEBUG [astra.streamset] registering stream (1, 0) on device/sensor0 DEBUG [astra.stream_connection] 0x56531e74c1c0 starting (1, 0) DepthReaderEventCPP: /opt/astra/src/astra_core/astra_stream_connection.cpp:197: void astra::stream_connection::get_parameter(astra_parameter_id, size_t&, _astra_parameter_bin*&): Assertion parameterBinHandle != nullptr' failed.
What I have noticed is that libopenni_sensor.so fails to open, and it’s the same component on which I got a warning with cmake, but I wouldn’t know if the two issues are related and how to fix this.

The sensor works fine under windows, and it’s seen by lsusb.

Thank you for every suggestion!