Femto Bolt: Failure to load depth engine and segmentation fault

Hi, I am using Femto Bolt to do some video recording using Ubuntu 20.04.06. The Femto Bolt is already installed with the latest firmware release separately on windows. However, I have been encountering some issues with it.

1. The k4aviewer does not work even after all the header files and dynamic libraries link replacement. There was an error that says " k4aViewer failure: “Failed to initialize audio backend: incompatible device!”. I am using the Azure Kinect Sensor 1.4 and I found this issue reported on github but no solutions yet (k4aViewer failure: "Failed to initialize audio backend: incompatible device!" · Issue #387 · microsoft/Azure-Kinect-Sensor-SDK · GitHub).

2. Failure of depth engine initialization and also occasional segmentation fault. We have tried power cycling, unplugging and replugging the USB, but it seems that the only solution that resolves this is to reinstall the OrbbecSDK again. Our Orbbec SDK is on version 1.10.8 as we installed it via the Debian Apt Repository. Would the latest release of the SDK (1.10.12) solve this issue?

I would be very appreciative if anyone has any insights in solving the above two issues. Thank you.

To address your issue, I recommend the following steps for troubleshooting:

1. Download the OrbbecViewer tool on Ubuntu 20.04 and check if the Femto Bolt is functioning properly.
  2. If the OrbbecViewer tool works fine but you’re still experiencing issues in your application, please provide the log file from OrbbecSDK.
  3. If the OrbbecViewer tool is also not working correctly, you can provide the log file from OrbbecSDK as well.

opt-OrbbecSDK.log.txt (102.4 KB)
konsole_output_orbbec.txt (133.6 KB)

Hi, please see logs as attached. At some point, we did manage to get the OrbbecViewer working to get the depth information. However, the depth engine stopped initialising even after I remove and install the Orbbec SDK again.