Femto Bolt Not Functioning Properly

I purchased the Femto Bolt a week ago and have been trying various programs for development on Windows 10 and 11. However, today, the Femto Bolt stopped functioning properly. For example, in the Orbbec Viewer, the point cloud does not display, and the device’s LED blinks orange. The Color viewer displays correctly, but both Depth and IR show nothing, and the LED continues to blink orange.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the OrbbecSDK several times without any change. I also executed the obsensor_metadata_win10.ps1 script from the Script folder and built and ran the WindowsMetaDataHelper.exe with administrator privileges, but nothing changed; the LED still blinks orange, and the point cloud does not display.

What could be the cause of this, and how can it be resolved? If anyone knows, please let me know.

Cato

Check on Device Not Listed in Device Manager from Femto Bolt Documentation.

Check the indicator light on the back – if blinking orange, power is insufficient. Try powering with the power adapter again. If it blinks white at that point, the USB connection is abnormal.

Also, check on the power and USB connections from Set up Hardware.

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your prompt advice.
My Femto Bolt is connected to an AC power adapter, so the indicator light on the back remains white, which is normal.
I’ve also checked the USB connection in Device Manager and there are no issues. Additionally, the image is displayed in the Color Viewer, so I don’t think there is any problem with the USB connection.
When I start the Orbbec Viewer and click the point cloud button, the LED starts blinking orange. When I turn off the point cloud button, the LED returns to its normal state.

Are there any other possible causes?

Cato

Could you please share the log from OrbbecViewer when the error occurred if there’s any error messages?

OrbbecSDK.log (135.2 KB)
OBViewer_LOG20240729003916.log (11.2 KB)

Hello Bruce,

These are the log files in OrbbecSDK folder.
It says;
HResult 0x80004002: “No such interface supported”
[07/29 00:39:17.513034][debug][10380][WinHelpers.cpp:86] streamReader_->GetNativeMediaType(index, k, &pMediaType.p) returned: HResult 0xc00d36b3: ‘The specified stream number is invalid.’

Please let me know what I am supposed to do for to solve this problem.

Thank you

Cato

According to your log, I did find one thing that you are connecting the camera to an USB 2.1 port. I did test with the camera in hand with an USB 2.1 port with no issue. However, is it possible you can connect the camera to an USB 3.X port and try again.
Also, you can try to use the latest SDK and update the camera firmware to see if this fixes your issue. Furthermore, using another PC, either Windows or Linux should be fine to see if the camera is working properly.
Another thing you can try is making sure the fps is set to the same while turning on the streams.

Thank you, Bruce,

After changing various USB connections on the PC and reinstalling the SDK, the point cloud images are now recognized. Since I tried many things, I can’t pinpoint the exact cause, but this allows me to start the project development. I truly appreciate your advice.

I have several questions about the OrbbecSDK, so I will create a new topic to ask them.

Have a good day!

Cato

Glad you clear out the issue.